Friday, June 22, 2012

Catching up

With everything associated with a new move it leaves very little ability to be able to do the normal, week-to-week duties.  Then you get to play catchup.  I am not one to be alright with getting behind.  I have a calendar that I carry wherever I go (and yep, still going old school and doing a paper notebook calendar) with a list of things to do each day.  When something is missed or left for another day it makes me a little bonkers.  So this catching up and finishing those missed items makes me a very happy camper. 
Even with all of the hecticness that life brings it is still good, especially as an artist, to take a step back and enjoy a look with what is around.  My new surroundings are not so new since I am familiar with Austin, Texas.  This is a big difference from my other many moves when I usually am seeing the place I am moving to for the first time on arrival.  Don't get me wrong-this first month I have finished school in TN, drove to Texas, unpacked and arranged almost everything in our house, already had family stay with us, found and started a full-time job, and organized a few other things in my spare time while setting up my own studio and registering my business in Texas.  I am keeping busy, but having fun with this move instead of letting it stress me out as much.  For the first time in 7 years I have an actual home with a backyard and have already unpacked all my boxes (note: just because items are out of boxes and boxes are gone does not mean I have organized it all-I am no magician(;  ).
I have been able to see friends and family, many of I have not seen in years.

In the spirit of enjoying my new surroundings and looking around I have posted some photos of the drive towards my new job and of the aquarium in Dallas.  Like my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/SMS-Jewelry-Designs/247576968630128, follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/smerrillsampson, take a look and even favorite my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/SMSJewelryDesigns?ref=si_shop , and definitely signup for email notifications with my blog http://smsjewelrydesigns.blogspot.com/ to stay in the loop of all of the new updates for SMS Jewelry Designs!  Please feel free to email/post questions and comments.  Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy!!
 On the road heading towards work


 What's up?!



My cat, Peanut, helping unpack


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Shop the Hamsa Collection:

Followers